Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist
Each year, millions of adults aged 65 and older suffer falls inside their homes. Falls can cause moderate to severe injuries such as hip fractures and head traumas, and can increase the risk of early death. Fortunately, falls are a public health problem that are largely preventable. Whether you want a new home or to renovate your existing home, HomeSource Custom Homes knows how to make any home safer for aging residents.
- Open floor plans to avoid obstacles.
- Grab bars in bathrooms and common areas.
- Low-profile carpeting to avoid accidents.
- Wider doors and hallways for accessibility.
- Better lighting.
- Level walkouts or low thresholds.
- Wider garages to accommodate wheelchair ramps or accessible vehicles.
- Mid-height ovens to avoid back injuries.
- And many more.
To learn more about Aging-in-Place, contact HomeSource Custom Homes today.